1.5 lbs Beef stew Meat, 1” cubed
2 TBSP all purpose flour
2 TBSP butter or margarine
2 TBSP canola oil
2 cups Beef broth (fresh or homemade)
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1 TBSP Soy sauce or Tamari
1 TBSP Light brown sugar
2-3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
2 TBSP Tomato paste
1 TBSP dried mixed herbs
1 LB baby Potatoes, cut in half
½ lb sliced Carrots in 1” lengths
½ lb button Mushrooms, sliced
20-25 peeled pearl Onions
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the cubed Meat in a bowl and season with lots of Salt and pepper, then add the flour, tossing together to coat evenly.
2. Press SAUTE, then TEXTURE ADJUST until the MORE indicator is lit, then START. After it heats up for a few minutes, add the oil and butter. When the sizzling stops, then add the stew Meat and brown well on all sides, stirring as little as possible to get a crispy exterior.
3. Pour half the Beef broth into the pot and stir to dissolve the browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Once dissolved, add the rest of the broth, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, minced Garlic, Tomato paste and dried herbs.
4. Add the pearl Onions, Mushrooms, Carrots, and Potatoes and give the mix a good stir.
5. Put the lid and seal, select “Meat/STEW”, then TEXTURE ADJUST until the NORMAL indicator is on. Press COOK TIME, then “+” or “-“ to select 30 minutes, press START.
6. At the end of the cycle, let the pressure release naturally. Once the pressure has released, open the lid, give the stew a good stir, taste, and adjust with Salt and pepper.
7. If it is a bit thin, press SAUTE, then TEXTURE ADJUST until the MORE indicator is lit, then START, and reduce the sauce with the lid off.
8.Serve hot with rolls or fresh Bread.
Gluten free all purpose flour works perfectly to be glute free
Chuck, blade and sirloin roasts cut into 1” cubes work well here
This will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days and freezes very well.