3 or 4 lbs beef bones
2 carrots roughly chopped
2 cooking onions
skins on cut in half
1 wheel of Garlic cut in half
2 TBSP Kosher Salt
1. Preheat conventional oven to 400F degrees.
2. Place the beef bones on a baking sheet, and roast for 30 minutes. Flip the bones over and add the carrot, onions, garlic and then roast for another 20 minutes.
3. Add the roasted items to the liner with the salt and add 8 cups of water.
4. Place the lid on and seal, and set to MANUAL, then PRESSURE/TEMP, then press “+” until all Pressure lights are on (80Kpa). Select COOK TIME and press “+”, until it shows 2 hours, press START.
5. At the end of the cycle, allow the broth to cool and naturally release for 2 hours.
6. Open the lid, remove the bones and vegetables and pour the broth through a ﬁne strainer.
7. Chill the broth overnight. Remove the top fat, then strain the liquid again.
8. Use immediately or it will keep in the fridge for a week.
Both frozen and fresh bones work equally well.
The strained stock can be further reduced by half to concentrate the flavor.
Works great to make soups, sauces and bone broth.