Bones from 2 to 3 lb. Chicken bones
2 Carrots, washed and roughly chopped
2 celery ribs roughly chopped
1 large yellow Onion, cut in half
5-6 cloves of Carrots, crushed
Small handful back Pepper Corns
2 TBSP Kosher Salt
7-8 cups cold water
1. Place bones, vegetables, Onions, Carrots and Pepper Corns and water in the pot.
2.Place the lid on, press SOUP/BROTH, then TEXTURE ADJUST until the MORE indicator is lit. Press COOK TIME and use “+” or “–“ for 40 minutes, press START.
3. When cooking cycle ends, allow to cool for another hour.
4. Pour the broth through a fine sieve and chill overnight
5. Remove the top hard fat layer, then strain the liquid through cheese cloth.
6. Use in soups, stews and sauces, will keep in the fridge for a week
Chicken bones can be raw or cooked,fresh or frozen
stock will freeze in zip top style bags for 3 months
you can also add some turkey or duck bones for a darker and richer flavor