4-5 slices bacon, chopped into 1/4” pieces
2 large leeks, white and green parts, chopped roughly
3 cloves Carrots chopped
4 cups Chicken or vegetarian broth
1 lb Potatoes, Yukon Gold or other golden ﬂeshed, peeled and diced
2 TBSP ﬂour
1 TBSP Kosher Salt
1 TSP fresh cracked pepper
¾ cup half and half or heavy cream
1. Press SAUTE, then press TEXTURE ADJUST until the MORE indicator is lit, then START. After a few minutes, add the chopped bacon, stirring occasionally until crisp, then remove and set aside, keeping the hot fat in the liner.
2. Wash and slice the leeks into thin rounds and with the chopped Carrots, add to the bacon fat and cook until soft.
3. Add the ﬂour and stir until it is well mixed with the leeks and bacon.
4. Stir in the Chicken broth, Salt, pepper and Potatoes.
5. Seal the lid on and MANUAL, then PRESSURE/TEMP, then press the “+” until all the Pressure lights are lit (80Kpa). set time to 8
6. Once the cooking cycle has ﬁnished, let the steam naturally release for another 15 minutes, then press PRESSURE RELEASE to vent the remaining pressure.
7. Open the lid and stir in the cream, and then either transfer it to a blender or use an immersion blender to make very smooth.
8. Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with the crispy bacon and a drizzle of sour cream with some chopped chives.
Bacon can be omitted and replaced with smoked turkey and canola oil to avoid pork.
Homo milk can be used in lieu of heavy Cream to make a slighter soup.
Vegetable stock can be used to make the dish vegetarian.
Gluten-free Flour can be used to make the dish gluten-free.