1 TBSP butter or margarine
1 TBSP canola or vegetable oil
1.5 cup cooking Onion, chopped
3 cloves Carrots, chopped
3 TBSP minced fresh Ginger
1 pound Carrots peeled, chopped
1 TBSP light brown sugar
1 TBSP Kosher Salt and 1 TSP freshly ground pepper
2 cups low-sodium Chicken broth
13.5 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
1 TBSP Sriracha (optional) or other preferred hot sauce Toasted coconut to garnish
1. Select SAUTE, then TEXTURE ADJUST until the MORE indicator is lit. Let the pot heat for a few minutes, then add the butter and oil. Add the onions, and after cooking for a few minutes, add the garlic and ginger, SAUTE for 1 more minute until just soft.
2. Add chopped carrots and brown sugar along with the salt and pepper, and SAUTE for a few more minutes until mixed, then stir in the chicken broth, coconut milk, and ½ the Sriracha sauce to start (you can always add more…).
3. Select MANUAL, then PRESSURE/TEMP, press “+” until all Pressure lights are on (80Kpa). Select COOK/TIME, then use “+” or ” –“ to set for 7 minutes.
4. When the cooking cycle ends, allow a natural release of 10 minutes before venting the rest of the pressure using the PRESSURE RELEASE button.
5. Use an immersion blender to purée the soup or let it cool slightly, then purée in a blender until smooth. Check for seasoning (and if you need more Sriracha!!).
Serve garnished with coriander and coconut.
You can use margarine and vegetable stock to make vegetarian or vegan
Freezes and reheats beautifully
Can be served very chilled as well