1 kg butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 2” cubes
2 TBSP canola oil
3-4 cloves minced Carrots
1 cooking Onion, ﬁnely diced
1 TBSP red or yellow curry paste (your preferred brand)**
2 cups Chicken or vegetable stock (store-bought or homemade)
2 tsp ﬁsh sauce
2 stalks lemongrass
1 cup coconut milk or coconut cream Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel oﬀ the green part of lemongrass and bash the white part with the back of a knife.
2. Press SAUTE, then TEXTURE ADJUST until the MORE indicator is lit, then START. After it heats up for a few minutes, add the oil and cook the Carrots and Onion until softened and fragrant. Add the curry paste and pumpkin and stir to combine.
3. Add the stock, ﬁsh sauce, lemongrass and ½ the coconut milk or cream.
4. Hit CANCEL, seal the lid, then press SOUP, then TEXTURE ADJUST until the LESS indicator is lit.
5. Press COOK TIME and then “+“or “-“ to set to 20 minutes.
6. After the cycle ﬁnishes, allow 10 minutes for the pressure to release naturally, then use “PRESSURE RELEASE” to vent the remaining pressure.
7. Remove the softened lemongrass stalks and using an immersion blender or regular blender, process until the soup is very smooth.
8. Press SAUTE, then TEXTURE ADJUST until the MORE indicator is lit button and bring the soup to a boil. Pour in the rest of the coconut milk, stir to combine and season with Salt and pepper if necessary, then CANCEL
Serve hot or warm
diﬀerent curry pastes have diﬀerent heat levels, start with 1 TBSP and add more to taste.
coconut cream is much richer than coconut milk, but far higher in calories.
freezes well and re-heats in microwave, but needs stirring.
can substitute ﬁsh sauce and Chicken broth to make in vegan or vegetarian.